Sunday, November 25, 2012

Another Small Thing

     Remember when I said "It's the little things in life"? Well here's one for ya. Today, we met up with one of my mom's coworkers. She has family in Missouri, so she offered to bring some stuff from NM for us. Before they left, we had Dad pack a box of things that we wanted, and it arrived today!! Yay! Included in that box were some of my favorite clothes, a pair of flats, my winter coat, and... My CARDINAL SANTA HAT... which can be seen below! 

Isn't it awesome!? 


Today, I kind of had a mini freak out. My chest tube has been clamped for almost a week now. There have been no problems! This is great! Tomorrow we're going to the doctor again, and he's going to take an x-ray and decide if he can take the tube out! I'm super psyched! However, this does mean that it can collapse again, and that freaks me out. Every tiny little twitch I feel in my back freaks me out. I talked to both my mom and my dad about this, but it was most helpful to talk to Dad because he gets it. He really knows what I'm going through... pretty much anyway. Man, I miss him. But anyway, after we talked it out, we just stayed on the phone for almost an hour and half. We didn't really talk; I just played the Wii and he did his computer stuff, but it was still lots of fun. It felt like we were just hanging out at home. And, providing the weather and everything is okay on their journey out here.... 

27 DAYS UNTIL WE SEEEEE THEEEEMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Really, that's all I want for Christmas. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. I wouldn't care if there wasn't one present under the tree for me as long as I got to spend it with Dad, and Rei... and of course Mom too. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I really regret that we weren't closer of friend in high school. I guess you might not even consider us friends at all. but I still really liked you and wished for good things for you.... your a strong person. and it must have been painful. at the very least I hope that your not in pain know. you will be missed. and you will be remembered

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good Christmas, and got what you wanted. Hope all is well, and to see another post soon! <3

    ReplyDelete