Thursday, November 1, 2012

You Know You're a Dancer When...

Happy November, Everyone!! I hope you all had a safe and wonderful Halloween! In case you're wondering, I was a panda.------>

Aren't I freaking awesome!? 

 Unfortunately, I didn't get any candy. People in STLMO don't like giving candy to teenagers. Not even teenagers as damn cute as me! Lame. 

So, back to the title of this post. Today, I was listening to my music and I found myself kind of dancing around. Also, we were cleaning out our soon-to-be house and I kept twirling and tapping, etc. I've really been missing dance lately. I really don't want to let it fall out of my life, I just love it so much. I've been stretching a little, but I really don't think I'm ready to start going to classes again. Anyway, I was feeling kind of down on myself about dancing, so I Googled "You know you're a dancer when..."  and when I realized I still do some of these things, even though I haven't officially danced in almost four months, I felt better. Here are a few things I read: 

                 You Know You're a Dancer When...
  • You find yourself going over a combination in your head (or in your Converse)
  • Cracking your hips is the best feeling ever (okay, I don't know about best...)
  • You dance to every song you hear, even the TV commercials
  • You die a little inside when you see people not point their feet when they're supposed to. 
  • You describe your bruises (scars, blisters, etc.) as "FREAKING AWESOME"
  • You get excited for new bobby pins 
  • You hate one of your legs more than the other 
  • You try to reach something in a high place, and subconsciously, you're in some sort of arabesque. 
  • And, my favorite:  
                 You feel better when you dance :) 

This has never been more true in my life. It makes me cough like Hell, but even still, I feel so much better when I dance. 

And I can't forget to add a few of my own. 
   You know you're a dancer when....
  • You take your pointe shoes on vacation with you
  • You take your pointe shoes to the HOSPITAL with you
  • You realize you won't be able to go home for... who knows how long and your tap shoes are the first thing you ask your dad to bring to you. 
Anyway, Keep Dancing and stay HAPPY!! :) 

Love, Maggs

1 comment: