Saturday, November 10, 2012

Friends

     "If there's ever a day we can't be together,
           keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." 
                                                    --Winnie the Pooh

My absolute favorite friendship/love quote. And it really applies today because today the Aztec High School PlayMakers kicked ass at the One Act Festival. Not only did they take state, but they also got the Four Corners, and Sweepstakes, along with many individual awards. I'm so so so proud of them! I spent a lot of the day kind of sulking. Being away from theatre and all my friends is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's killing me. But then I found out what they wrote on the program:

"Maggie, this production is dedicated to you. Your presence is with us. Stay strong." 

I'm not sulking anymore. I'm actually really happy. When they won, about four different people texted me, then they called me once they were on the bus! They haven't forgotten me, and I"m still a part of the team. That's what makes me happiest. I know I'm still a part of the team. So, today, I would like to dedicate my blog to my friends. I'm borrowing Pooh's quote. Remember that, friends.  (Or if you text/call me I'll be in your head instead! Lol.) 
I would also like to call attention to a specific PlayMaker who wrote on my Facebook wall, 

 "Maggie, you are the reason we did great. You are the beat mentor anyone can ask for!!!! I love you Maggs!!! ♥"
and another PlayMaker who tagged me "with" her in her post about Aztec winning state, even though I was not physically there. 

I wore my PlayMaker shirt very proudly all day, and now tomorrow, I can wear the other one with even more pride!  Thank you, B and Roger, and everyone else for making PlayMakers such an important part of my life. I mean, come on, you know you have great friends when they dedicate a freaking play to you. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment