Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Few Good Things...

     So, being the optimist that I am, I was thinking today about good things that have come out of this whole endeavor. At first, I was like "This totally sucks friggin' balls," but now that I think about it, there are a few good things. Here's the list:

  • I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL
    • I do miss school sometimes because I miss seeing people every day (believe it or not, I do miss being social). I also miss the normality of it. I know it's dorky, but I miss carrying my backpack, and driving myself to school every morning. However, I do not miss having to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn to go to school. 
  • THIS BLOG
    • Yesterday, Mom commented that this is one of the good things that came out of all this. She thinks it's really amazing, and I kind of have to agree. I think it's been good for me to be able to write down what I'm feeling and share it with people. 
  • I GET TO EXPERIENCE A NEW PART OF THE COUNTRY
    • Yeah, I've visited St. Louis before, but now I'm getting the chance to really experience it. Today, I learned how the pick-up line at my cousins' school works, and I almost got put on the "official" list of people who can pick them up. 
  • I GOT TO ATTEND A GREEK FESTIVAL
    • This was back in ABQ, but it was still really cool. That was some of the BEST Greek food I"ve ever tasted! And I got a really cool bracelet that has helped me through all this. It's supposed to ward off evil looks, which you get a lot of when you're a 17 year old with a tank of oxygen and a tube coming out of your nose.
  • WE GOT TO SEE THE LION KING!
    • That was just amazing! I can hardly believe how awesome it was! We might have been able to go had this not happened, but more likely, we would have had something else going on. 
  • MOM AND I HAVE REALLY BONDED
    • Not that we needed any help bonding, lol. We were already closer than most mothers and daughters are, but I think this also proved close we really are. Now, we've spent almost 11 weeks straight together, basically in the same room all the time, and we haven't tried to kill each other. How many people do you know that can do that? 
  • I'VE BECOME MORE ARTISTIC
    • I've always been an artist, mostly through my dancing, but now that I can't dance (not so much can't as probably shouldn't so much just yet) I've had to channel my art elsewhere. Somethings that have happened because of that:
        • My duct tape journal (a journal with pages made of duct tape, and decorations, also of duct tape, along with brightly colored paper, stickers, pictures, etc.)
        • This Blog
        • My optimists' journal
  • I CAN DYE MY HAIR!
    • I love Ms. B, and I would so much rather have to abide by her rules than be a thousand miles away and dealing with all this, but since we're focusing on the positive, I'm getting my hair dyed in about a week, and I'm super excited!! 
  • I CAN EAT AS MUCH AS I WANT TO OF ALMOST ANYTHING I WANT TO
    • Because I didn't eat for a month straight, I lost A LOT of weight, and since I have trouble gaining it anyways (because of the CF), the docs told me to eat lots of things that have lots of fat... which means ice cream, and Cheetos, which are currently my favorite snacks. 

Okay, I think that's a long enough list. You get the gist of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment