Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Little Things


I tried to show you how the room
is painted, but it's not a
great picture :/


Hello, all! 
Hope this post finds all of you well and loving life! 


“Remember that at any given time, there are 1000 things you can love,” – Unknown

                How many times have you heard “it’s the little things in life that matter,”? A lot?Yeah, me too. However, now I realize it’s true. Last night, Mom and I went to see The Lion King, the Broadway musical. Well, it was incredible! The costumes of the animals were… holy cow, I don’t even know how to explain it. TO MY DANCE AND THEATRE FRIENDS: Imagine the costume changes you've done in your life, quick change or otherwise. Well some of these people went from wearing a unitard and a gazelle hat to wearing a giraffe-looking thing that was probably…well I have really no clue, but it was at least 10 feet, it had to be! One of my favorite things was the dancing grass. It was a chorus of 10-20 people and everyone had a patch of grass on her head, and a hoop skirt that was attached with twine looking stuff. Coolest thing ever!! And, it finally gave me a chance to dress up! I love dressing up, and since I haven’t been going to school, I have nowhere to wear my fancy clothes L.

And once again, I have strayed from my main point, lol.  Anyway, before the show, every time I thought about it, I always got a little bit bummed because I remembered that I’d have to deal with my tank of oxygen (like getting it up the stairs and finding a way to squeeze it between the seats), and I still have the chest tube/ one-way valve clipped to my shirt. However, once I put on my fancy skirt, and my adorable denim vest, oh and I can’t forget my favorite part, the boots, I forgot about those things, because it was totally worth it! In spite of all the insane,horrible stuff going on, there are things that can make me smile. For example,I spent a lot of today just raving about the show last night. It got me focused on something else. So, my advice to you, if you’re having a bad moment, look around and just start naming the things that are great, or that you love.

                Here’smy list for today: (Setting: Flying Star Café, Upstairs.)
1.      Mom (duh)
2.      The sunshine
3.      New Mexico Blue Sky
The Tap! Isn't it gorgeous?!
4.      The plants on the balcony
5.      The way this room is painted (See picture at the top)
6.      The mango iced tea I’m sipping
7.      My phone (duh, lol)
8.      The tap keychain dangling from my memory key
9.      The panda on my t-shirt J
10.  The “Got Oxygen?” bracelet on my wrist




Okay, so it’s not quite 1000, buthey, it’s a start, right? Things are not always as bad as they seem. Sometimespeople have trouble realizing that, and then they complain about ridiculousthings. So, please, for everyone’s sake, think about what you’re complainingabout and who you’re complaining to, because there’s always someone who’s gotit worse than you, and you don’t want to be complaining to that person. Believeme, I've been the listener. You have no clue how many times I've wanted to slapsomeone silly because he/she is complaining about ridiculous things. 

*I'm going to try to include more pictures in my posts. Bonus? Or no bueno? Comment and let me know! 

Sincerely, Magnolia

No comments:

Post a Comment